I wanna write a song that says exactly how I feel
Something I could shout to let everything out
I wanna have a place where no one could hear me scream
A sound proof valley of solitude where I could walk til I find myself again
Right now theres more fulfillment in the thinking without the feeling
And dancing in the rain than simply looking through the windowpane
If only,if only...no I don't want to hear that now
No I don't want you to hold me...I want to walk the world awhile
I wish I could see it...my future...I know its right there
Why can't I see it? The next step's right in front of me...somewhere.
I wanna take every breath as something to cherish
I want the world to be perfect...in short,I'm kidding myself.
I have what it takes...at least thats what I like to think
Why does nothing seem to hold any purpose for me except what I cannot touch but only dream of?
You could never be the only thing to hold me up and carry me through the sky
I need to be able to use these wings I've grown. Time,please release me...please just let me fly.
I want out of this place called tension and apprehension.
Like a prison cell without the bars...because I see no light,my eyes are darkened.
I want to save the...wait,nevermind...what is there good to save right now?
Feelings,emotions,tears,a sore body,an aching heart,a bleeding spirit,a dying soul...who wants those?
Yes. I feel trapped and burdened. And...so...
The dust of despair is brushed over all my hopes.
------------------------------------------------------------
More than I'd like to admit, this is a mirror to the depths of my soul.
Perhaps its not a far cry to what everyone else feels as well, in the unspoken inner conversations. We learn though, painfully we learn, that God is stronger than we are...and He saves us just as our fragile hearts begin to crack. As our faith gives way,and the last bone in our body is about to break,but instead surrenders to the overwhelming desire to just let go and be held in brokenness by the only One who can repair us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment