Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost Christmas 2008

Man alot has happened this year! So much...SO much has changed.
When everything changes you really see the stark reality of what will always stay the same. That one thing in my life is God. A growing gratitude from year to year builds inside my heart towards everything that goes on in my life because of His incredible plan. Such amazing providence, such blessing. I'm glad I don't control this world. I am glad I don't have to endure the pain God must go through watching us all stumble,learning to pick ourselves up and walk. I don't understand all the pain I must also persevere through with Him...for there have been many a fallen soldier in my life.
I just have to trust Him. That's all I can say sometimes when I talk to God. "I trust you,I trust you,I chose to trust you" over and over,again and again.
He never leaves us alone in any of our pain and never gives us more than we can endure.
He matches our distresses,mishaps,disappointments,and suffering with His love and comfort...
As it says in II Corinthians 1:3-6:
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer."

So Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope and pray that this next year brings you ever closer to your family and friends. That you will find hope and peace in the direst of circumstances,and render yourself very much in love with the Giver of Life,the unchanging,faithful One.

No comments:

Post a Comment