Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Radical : A Hero

Sometimes I find myself trying to fit into my "old man's" shoes(as opposed to new man...not my Dad). I try to communicate a solution to our problems without bringing God directly into it. Why do I do that??

It's not because of anxiety, fear of rejection, or shame...it is because I'm afraid of what I have to become: A Radical.
Being a radical is the only way to communicate, relay, transpose our passion for our love for God, and His love for us, to others. My generation(the Heroes) have to realize that a hero is not some laid-back groupie, a tag-along, a club member, an independent and shining individual, or even a prominent leader. They are a soldier.
Soldiers and heroes have much in common. One big parallel is they see no other choice except to fight for justice and freedom...for truth. Radical? You bet.


In the words of Nelson Mandella:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light,not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves,'who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous,talented,and fabulous?' Actually,who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

So to all you heroes,you radicals..."Be not afraid of greatness..."(Shakespeare)
And..."Never forget that life can only be rightly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are settling into an unknown country,to face many a danger,to meet many a joy,to find many a comrade,to win and lose many a battle."(Annie Besant)

No comments:

Post a Comment