Swaying to the music at midnight
I make a smile at the full moon
And carry on the dance
The stars sing a melody
The milky way moves with me
Eyes closed to the darkness
I step out on the wind
And I'm carried away
The clouds clear,the sounds ring true
And nothing stands in the way of the morning
When the sun will break through
And I will go to be with you
The cold has become so stinging
My thin skin holds no weight in this world
I hope my children remember
To hold on to the warmth while it lasts
The curse of youth is
That beauty belongs to the past
On the morrow
My reflection will not cause me pain
In the light of the Son
My bones will remember their strength
When I leave my footprints on the earth
And walk on a staircase of swirling airs
To the place of golden streets of rebirth
And to the tender fountain of grace
Please rejoice in my going
Think fondly in knowing
I will be with you all of your years
Gentle scents of the dew fall on my lips
I hear the morning-bird singing
The sunrise is hastening on
I am being drawn up to the arms
The everlasting arms of rest
My head now lies against his chest
I feel like I can dance
I am truly alive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment