Thursday, May 15, 2008

Poem: "Hold Fast"

I wish there was something that I could do or say
That would make all of this just go away
A tender touch to help you trust
And all your burdens fall to dust

Many a mile I know you've tread
And many a breath spent living for death
Time doesn't give you much hope
And patience is a feeble way to cope

It isn't easy watching you hurt
The pain cut deep and the anger burn
I don't know how to bring you faith
Or a genuine smile to your face

It isn't that I'm giving up
It's not that there's nothing left
"It's not that I'm still holding on
I'm never letting go"

Be free of the ache
Let loose your cage
Don't settle for darkness and despair
There is no peace there

Destruction is not your only path
There's something to build,
Something to last
Finding out love can stand fast
And dreams don't have to fade

Hold fast,my dearest friend

No comments:

Post a Comment