Thursday, May 15, 2008
Have You Ever Been In The Presence Of God's Holiness?
Holiness is such a nearly indescribable word. God's holiness is such a nearly indescribable feeling or thought,notion or experience. I have never felt that, except in my times of full surrender. Because God has placed a special heart for worship in me, those times usually occur when I'm before Him in praise, humbleness, and inquiry through worship. I have never felt it in the exact same way, it isn't some spiritual peak that you get to, it isn't a conjuring. I'm afraid no matter how much you try, you could never achieve that level of vulnerability without the Holy Spirit. When I know that I know I am before a Holy God, and that Holiness is apparent and vivid, my first reaction or feeling is a sense of wanting to just hide my imperfections. When your impurities are so obvious to your own self, you do feel vulnerable and open. Something like,"I have nothing to offer,except imperfection". Then in His holy,perfect love he touches us and lifts us up,once we see our inadequecies. It is a tender moment when you feel helpless to your fallenness,which we are without God, and even then He never leaves us without hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment