Monday, May 11, 2009

Put Thou My Tears Into Thy Bottle (Psalm 56:8)

I have cried, thus far, a thousand tears
In mere minutes, I have emptied every ocean upon my face
You once promised me well with kisses
You once held me and swayed away my fears
Where are you now? I cannot feel you.

I cannot go on without another glimpse
Your face has faded from my reddened eyes
I can only mumble,with quivering lips
Will my faint prayer reach your ears?
Will you hear me from such a distance?

I whimper and sigh in silent resolution
You must care for me no longer
You must think of me no more
You have forgotten!

I look down upon the floor into which I have wept
Where there should have been a puddle there was nothing left

Have my tears also left me?
Am I truly all alone?
Even pain will not keep me company
Or misery call me his own

In this quiet, lonely place I hear a whisper,
Coming in soft and sweet:
"I have not left you. I have not strayed.
How could I stay away from one I love so dearly?
Cry no more tears,for I am tired...
All along,I have secured them in a bottle, to be sent on angel's wings
And be poured into Heaven's river with other tears of saints."

My arms find new strength and I toss them around His neck
Even in my struggle, because of Him, I am blessed
Every moment He is with me, every broken prayer is heard
His loving gaze tells me of my worth
For to Him I am priceless and my tears are like diamonds

Oh Lord,Glory rises from ashes and I am forever yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment