Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Faith vs. Fear

For the past few weeks, I've been troubled to find anything to write about, whether on here or on paper. I can't even tell you the countless,agonizing times that I've sat down and stretched my fingers out over the keys to type...and nothing came. Or was it that I was trying so hard to push away what I was really thinking about that I had nothing left to ponder or relate?
This new year is scary to me,possessively scary. I've searched for the guts and the hope to go through this next season...dug inside, long and hard and deep. Something inside me longs for a rescuing from my fears and my expectations. But I can't hide from them or ignore them.
The last two years were not easy either, but they were significantly less daunting compared to this. More so because of revelations of where my country really is in moral and physical terms,what will now be expected of me as a coming-on 18 year old,and the inevitability of possible situations to come my way (including dreams coming true).
This isn't a doomsday article. I'm not completely pessimistic. I've just been trying my best to see reality--the real deal--to lift the veil of insecurity and lack of faith off of my eyes and really catch a glimpse of the future, however overwhelming or intimidating it may seem. And in that,always learning to trust more in God as my security in such uncertain times.
I pray we can all face our fears as more than an act of the will,but an act of faith.


"Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death"--James F. Bymes

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
--Marilyn Ferguson

1 comment:

  1. "Face your fears to find inner peace"... I like it! Keep up the good posting so I can read and make dumb comments but actually get something out of it!

    P.S. We really need to play music SOON!! *going stir crazy*

    ReplyDelete